Friday, April 13, 2012

Why I am Briar Chapel's Best Buddy

There aren’t many places that feel like home as soon as you get there.  When you do find that feeling, you just want to share it with others.  For me, that place is Briar Chapel. 

When I moved to the area, I had never really had neighbors before and the thought of living in a planned community gave me a lot of pause.  To me, planned communities were unoriginal and lackluster, just another means of squishing a lot of people together, but Briar Chapel is different.  They are focused on building a green community.  This focus is important to them and it shows – in the homes, the 24+ miles of bike and hiking trails, the dedicated green spaces and parks.  And, I think, it attracts a different kind of person, too.  I’ve never lived in a place where I’ve felt so connected to the community and the people who live in it.  I love my neighbors!  They are a collection of interesting, passionate, and charming folks you really can’t find anywhere else.  This whole Briar Chapel Best Buddy contest has been great because it’s given me an excuse to go out and better engage with this community and my neighbors. 


I feel like I am a Best Buddy because I’ve lived and become a part of this neighborhood.  I was one of the founding members of the community garden (when it was only a blueprint and an idea), I’m active on the trails and just running through the neighborhood, I’m not afraid to go up to a neighbor and introduce myself or say hello, most of the people I work around are constantly encouraged to come out and visit or take part in one of the many events that go on in Briar Chapel, etc. etc.  Frankly, there are a lot of reasons, but also because I just love this place that has become my home.  I encourage the folks that I work with, and now I’d like to encourage you to check out Briar Chapel.  They just do things differently here and I think it is a welcome addition to Chatham County.  I am a Briar Chapel Best Buddy and I think you should check Briar Chapel out.  Even if you don’t buy a home here, there is so much to do and wonderful folks to meet.  Give it a try on Earth Day (4/21) and see what you think.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide some comments, ideas, or tips!